The Way To Pick The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #253

Perkongsian perihal anak-anak dan murid-murid secara umum.
FrankJScott

The Way To Pick The Best Cigar Humidors? Reason #253

Post by FrankJScott »

6 Cigar Humidification Approaches

Now that you have a solid comprehension of what a hygrometer does and what can happen if your humidity is too high or too low, let's talk about how to really control the humidity in your humidor. Unfortunately, you can not just use a damp paper towel in a ziplock bag...

1. The Hockey Puck Humidification Method
The unofficial hockey puck system was my first way to control the humidity in my humidor and boy, was it stressful. This is actually the"puck" which is included with humidors the majority of the time and requires you to soak it into propylene glycol. I discovered it to be a little bit of a guessing game because you need to make sure that your"puck" doesn't run out of juice. It had been mostly stressful because I used the crummy free version in my humidor so results may vary. I just had to re-soak each 30-45 days and found it to be much more consistent. Soaking a humidor puck is very simple. It takes about 30 seconds and you just buy the propylene glycol separately. This remedy is odorless and just replaces water as a more pure form of moisture. Using tap water can cause issues because of chlorine or other chemicals, and bottled water won't stay moist as long as propylene glycol.

2. The Tubes or Mini Jars Cigar Humidification Method
Xikar and Drymistat make very simple to use products which you may merely open and pop it into a humidor such as this
wineador. These include a much more controlled method of managing humidity than the puck technique. The only bad thing is that you need to replace these entirely most of the time each 3-6 weeks completely. I don't recommend trying to"re-soak" them with the propylene glycol. The attractiveness of them, especially the tubes is they don't take up much space in your humidor. However, depending on how big the jar arrangement will work better:

3. The Boveda Packs Cigar Humidification Method
Like the jar or tubes out of Xikar and Drymistat, it is possible to go with a very controlled system of Boveda humidity packs. These are my favorite cigar humidification strategy and ones that I use for the tupperdor today. But they can err a little on the high side concerning humidity should you use them in a tupperdor. I would like to go a few percentages lower than your preferred humidity as a consequence when you have a tupperdor. Otherwise they do a fantastic job of consuming humidity whether it's too high and growing if it is too low. As soon as your pack is stiff, then you simply throw it off. That having been said, many claim to be able to recharge these quite easily by simply soaking them for a couple of days once they become stiff. Even though this might be a terrific way to save money, the recharged packs definitely will not be as precise as an original. To discover more about the way to recharge, check out this YouTube tutorial. For me personally, I really don't recharge because I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars on cigars, I don't want to cut corners to save a couple bucks on Boveda packs.

4. The Heartfelt Beads Humidification Method
Heartfelt beads are a common humidity method that many advocate across cigar forums. This provider revolves round these beads and they've a lot of diehard followers to their product. These are probably one of the more expensive choices but last forever. They do need spraying of distilled water following two or week though so you have to abide by a program. This way is a bit more geared towards the advanced cigar collectors. Normally, cigar collectors will have a pouch of these a layer at the base of the wineador.

5. The Electric Cigar Humidification Method
There is nothing greater than the place it and overlook a electric humidifier, particularly in the event that you have a big or valuable set. These are a little expensive when compared with the other choices such as
air purifier for smoke but there is the benefit of very little maintenance. The units work best if plugged -- so you will be asked to conduct a flat cable into the exterior of your humidor. However a few of those units have some really cool features like wi-fi capabilities and can humidify up to 1,000 cigars! (That could be a good deal of Boveda packs...) You really do need to replace the cartridge every 6 -- 12 months but it's comparatively inexpensive.

6. The Kitty Litter Cigar Humidification Method
To get a larger wineador setup, many recommend kitty litter as a viable choice to control humidity. I've personally never done this but many swear by it. This is a really similar technique to the Heartfelt beads strategy outlined above. The key is to obtain a kitty litter without a fragrance and spray on distilled water every two to three weeks as required. I have seen very positive reviews from Exquisicat Crystals with very low fructose nor scent.